Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer 2011, here we come

The summer of 1992 was the best summer of my life.  I signed up to be a camp counselor in Scotts Valley, CA (near Santa Cruz).  I hopped on a plane and took off for quite the adventure.  I met some amazing people, served God and led a few kids to accept Jesus.  The reason that summer was so great (besides not having a mortgage) was that we spent the summer PLAYING!  We sang silly songs, went swimming, rode horses, went to the beach every weekend, made s'mores, slept in sleeping bags outisde on a big field and created the world's largest slip and slide.  I can't truly recreate that feeling of freedom, but I can do my best to recreate the magic for my kids.

For that reason, I've created a summer bucket list of things to do.  I used to tease my mom for doing the same, but you know we all evenutally become our mothers. Stay tuned for photos & updates as we attempt to fully embrace summer in Michigan and all its splendor.  We spend the other 9 months inside with colds & flaky skin, so you better believe in June, July & August we CARPE DIEM!

First on the agenda is to set up our slip & slide.  It may not be the world's largest (it came from a box from Target), but my kids will love it just the same.

Summer, we're glad you're here.  Welcome to Michigan.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the fun you all have - Michigan is a great place to live (and grow up)!

    ReplyDelete